Forum TKJ SMKN 1 SLAWI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Audit ISO SMKN 1 Slawi
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 11:22 am by agoenk

» Verifikasi UPK 2017
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 11:01 am by agoenk

» Simulasi UBK tahap kedua
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 10:44 am by agoenk

» Mengganti favicon di wordpress
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 11:22 am by agoenk

» Undangan Pertemuan Rutin MGMP TKJ Gugus Bisman SMKN 1 Slawi bulan Desember 2016 sekaligus Pelatihan Mikrotik
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 9:59 am by agoenk

» SPMI ( Sistem Penjaminan Mutu Internal ) untuk sekolah Model
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 1:58 pm by agoenk

» Pertemuan Rutin MGMP TKJ Gugus Bisman SMK Negeri 1 Slawi Bulan Oktober 2016
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 10:17 pm by agoenk

» INFO PPDB SMKN 1 SLAWI TAHUN PELAJARAN 2016 / 2017
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 6:35 am by Admin

» Kegiatan 3P Jurusan TKJ SMKN 1 Slawi
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 10:16 am by agoenk

Top posters
agoenk (2099)
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS I_vote_lcapMenginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS I_voting_barMenginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS I_vote_rcap 
viyan_cs (1036)
Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS I_vote_lcapMenginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS I_voting_barMenginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS I_vote_rcap 
b-joe (749)
ieyaz_Chuit (725)
Zell Aristocrats (667)
jun43d1 (638)
Hetro_fabio (314)
twinkblack (265)
suzee_tkj2 (237)
harmoko (184)

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
tkjpower.multiply.com

Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS

Go down

Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS Empty Menginstall VBox Guest Additions on CentOS

Post by agoenk Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 am

At the beginning, I was confused to install the VirtualBox Guest Addition on my CentOS 5.6. But now, I can install the VBox Guest Additions and CentOS 5.6 run smoothly on my Windows 7 host. Hmm…please read my guide below to install the VBox Guest Additions non CentOS 5.6. This tutorial require an active internet connection on your system. Because you still need to download and install some packages from the internet. I am using VirtualBox version 4.0.8 on Windows 7 64 bit edition.

How to install VBox Guest Additions :

1. Change to root

su

2. Mount VirtualBox Guest Additions

Click Devices | Install Guest Additions…from your VirtualBox. See screenshot below:

3. Mount VirtualBox Guest Additions:

mkdir /media/VBoxGuestAdditions

mount -r /dev/cdrom /media/VBoxGuestAdditions

4. Now Install the packages below

yum install gcc kernel-devel kernel-headers

5. Add KERN_DIR environment variable

KERN_DIR=/usr/src/kernels/`uname -r`-`uname -m`

export KERN_DIR

6. Install Guest Additions

cd /media/VBoxGuestAdditions

sh ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run

7. Up to this point, in some computer the VirtualBox Guest Additions may installed correctly. But if you got this message below, you may proceed to the next tutorial.

The headers for the current running kernel were not found. If the following
module compilation fails then this could be the reason.
The missing package can be probably installed with
yum install kernel-devel-2.6.18-238.el5
[FAILED]
Your system does not seem to be set up to build kernel modules.
Look at /var/log/vboxadd-install.log to find out what went wrong.
Once you have corrected it, you can run

/etc/init.d/vboxadd setup

to build them.

8. Still on Terminal, paste the command below

yum install kernel-devel-2.6.18-238.el5

9. Then start the step on point 6. And I got this message instead:

[root@localhost VBOXADDITIONS_4.0.8_71778]# sh ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.runVerifying archive integrity… All good.
Uncompressing VirtualBox 4.0.8 Guest Additions for Linux………
VirtualBox Guest Additions installer
Removing installed version 4.0.8 of VirtualBox Guest Additions…
Removing existing VirtualBox DKMS kernel modules [ OK ]
Removing existing VirtualBox non-DKMS kernel modules [ OK ]
Building the VirtualBox Guest Additions kernel modules
Your guest system does not seem to have sufficient OpenGL support to enable
accelerated 3D effects (this requires Linux 2.6.27 or later in the guest
system). This Guest Additions feature will be disabled.

Building the main Guest Additions module [ OK ]
Building the shared folder support module [ OK ]
Doing non-kernel setup of the Guest Additions [ OK ]
Starting the VirtualBox Guest Additions [ OK ]
Installing the Window System drivers
Installing X.Org 7.1 modules [ OK ]
Setting up the Window System to use the Guest Additions [ OK ]
You may need to restart the hal service and the Window System (or just restart
the guest system) to enable the Guest Additions.

Installing graphics libraries and desktop services componen[ OK ]

10. Reboot your CentOS and you should have the VirtualBox Guest Addition.

source
agoenk
agoenk
tkjholic
tkjholic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum